Mayen Wol Jong
Undersecretary of the Ministry of Petroleum, South Sudan
- Basic education in Gogrial Rural Primary School from 1968 to 1973.
- Junior education in Kuajok Junior Secondary School from 1974 to 1978.
- Senior education in Bussere Secondary School from 1979 to 1982.
- Under graduate education, Khartoum University, Faculty of Law from 1983 to 1967.
- Post Graduate education, Staffordshire University School of Law in UK from 2002 to 2003.
- I attended one-year course in Youth Social work in Mindolo Ecumenical Foundation, Zambia in 1989 where I was able to obtain Diploma in Youth Social Work.
- I attended 3 months course of report writing/project evaluation and I obtained a certificate.
- I attended 6 weeks course of international criminal law in Arusha School of law, Tanzania 1998. I obtained attendance certificate.
- I attended 6 weeks course of financial management in ICRC center, Khartoum in 1998.
- I attended 3 months advanced leadership course in Maui, USA, 1998 and I obtained advanced leadership certificate.
- I attended 3 months' management course in CORAT Africa Centre in Kenya, 1998. I obtained a management Certificate.
NON-GOVERNMENT JOBS UNDERTAKEN:
- I worked as advocate for 2 years.
- I worked with Sudan Council of Churches (SCC) as National Youth Progamme Coordinator from 1988 to 1999.
- I worked with Norwegian Church Aid (NCA) as relief project manager from 2000 to 2008.
GOVERNMENT JOBS UNDERTAKEN
- Worked as school teacher in Kuajok Secondary School in 1982.
- Worked as national expert while exercising functions of Executive Director in the office of the 1st Vice President of the Republic of Sudan from 2008 to 2011.
- Worked as Chief Administrator in the Office of President of the Republic of South Sudan from 2011 to 2018.
- Now I am appointed as the Undersecretary of the Ministry of Petroleum from 2018 to date.