Interactive workshop: Critical National Infrastructure – protection and resilience delivered by Control Risks
Control Risks will deliver an interactive session that will give registered delegates to EAOGS 2018 an in-depth understanding of the concepts of critical national infrastructure (CNI) protection and their application in order to help build national resilience. It will draw on experience and lessons from the United Kingdom, Africa and the Middle East using relevant case studies.
The session will cover:
- How has the concept of CNI protection and resilience developed over the last few decades and informed today's concepts and approaches to managing this key area of national risk?
- The importance of dynamic national risk assessments and resilience strategies
- Defining what is critical and what is merely important
- Governance structures and CNI protection strategy; to include risk-based, outcome focused approaches
- Understanding the physical, personnel and cyber domains
- Setting standards, the application of technology, and equipment testing and certification
- Planning and implementing a CNI protection plan:
- Risk appetite
- Defining operational requirements
- Procuring solutions
- Implementing solutions
- Ongoing maintenance and monitoring
- Marrying private and public sector provision
- Responding to issues and crisis
- Compliance and audit
- Budgeting and asset management
The session will include an interactive workshop in which delegates will have the opportunity to work through some specific protection and resilience issues in the oil and gas, power generation and transportation sectors and, through Q&A, other sectors that may be of interest to attendees.